Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Motherhood

I grew up in a home full of love, laughter, joy, and hard work. My parents taught my brother and I at a young age that if you want something, you have to work for it. Nothing in this world comes free. Both of my parents worked full-time jobs. I was often asked as a child if I felt I was missing out spending time with my family because both of my parents worked. There were times as a child that I felt that was true. I wanted to spend time with my mom, especially. The older I got, the more I understood that my mother would have loved to stay home with me too. I've heard her say often that she would have dropped everything to be able to stay home with me and my brother. 

I strive to be able to stay home with my children. I feel the relationship you build with your children at a young age will help them for the rest of their life. Although I did not have that time with my mother, we are lucky to have the type of relationship we do today. Being a full-time mother is one of the greatest responsibility and blessing a woman can have. I believe it is a calling to be a mother. To mold and teach children to become their potential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment