Thursday, December 1, 2016

Parenting

"Don't just be reactive, by intentional."

I have pondered that thought a lot this week, especially when it comes to parenting. As a parent, it is not enough to just sit back and react after children have done something. Teaching them right and wrong before a situation arises it the best way to ensure their safety. As a child, my parents always taught me that I needed to work hard to get what I want in life. So when situations happen, and they are tough, I know that I hard work will always benefit me.

My parents were also very good about giving me power to overcome everything and anything. They let me make choices and were not afraid to let the consequences happen, whatever they were. I believe this also is another way of being intentional, rather then reactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment