Saturday, November 19, 2016

Communication

Over two months ago, I entered into a long distance relationship. We both felt it was the right time for us, but it was hard. We had liked each other for a while so things progressed rather fast after we started dating, Communicating, however, has never been easy for us. He wants to know what I am thinking all the time. He likes to talk about his feelings and get everything out in the open. The exact opposite of that is me. I do not like sharing my thoughts. I am a thinker, so I have to make sure i feel comfortable and confident in the situation before I will begin to express myself. Since we are not able to see each other as often as we would like, we cannot communicate using our non-verbal. Non-verbal communication is 51% of interactions. We have had to work extra hard to understand each other because we are unable to see our body language.

Communicating with someone is hard. It takes patience and a level of understanding to be able to resolve conflicts that may come up. When we do take that time and work together, that relationship is strengthened.  

No comments:

Post a Comment