Thursday, October 27, 2016

Planning a Wedding

Almost every girl dreams of her wedding day. The dress you will wear, the flowers, your maid of honor, and of course the man you marry. You think it will perfect and nothing can or will bring you down. Well. Turns our that is not true. I had the opportunity to me the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding back in May. I saw first hand the craziness that goes into planning a wedding. Between making sure all the bridesmaids had shoes, and arranging the flowers, I thought I was going to go crazy, and it was not even my wedding.

During this time, I had a lot of opportunities to think about what I would want my own wedding to be like. I learned some definitive dos and don'ts. My biggest take away had to do with family though. My friend's wedding was really complicated. Her parents are divorced, and both remarried. That doubles everything for just her side. Her husband's parents were also divorced, but they do not have and relationship with their mother's side of family. Jade's mother was the big wedding planner in all of this. She tried to communicate as much as possible with the other side of the family but it was just plain hard to get anywhere. Because of this, a lot of wedding fell on her. I learned that communication is so important in planning a wedding. Not just with your side of the family, but with everyone involved.    

No comments:

Post a Comment